Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated Kitfox Build Log Site - what would you want to see

Default Re: Dedicated Kitfox Build Log Site - what would you want to see

I have always been able to find what I want with the Search function; yes maybe several tries but not "terrible".
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

It’s awesome reading through everyone’s builds, but it’s a pain when you have specific questions. I’d like to see threads on specific tasks and subjects... Like windshield, elevator covering, etc.

I do find the search function to be not user friendly.

I think it makes a lot more sense to open a new sub-forum here for build logs. I think they are a different type of thread that would stand on its own just fine.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I find this a very interesting discussion, especial from a historical viewpoint. My first Kitfox kit arrived in March of 1993. At the factory fly-in later that year, I learned of an e-mail group where we could share, learn and commiserate when appropriate. What I liked most about it as there were no categories (threads) and I read every post - a very valuable learning experience or me. Back then, I knew a ton about Is, IIs and IIIs, the Rotax 582 and the NSI Subaru Ea81 conversion as well as my choice the 912. This list had gone through a couple layers of administrators when Matronics picked it up. Then RandyL posted a few times on Matronics - as I recall, posts similar to tracstarr's. Soon after, TeamKitfox came to life and the Kitfox section of Matronics began to dwindle in activity to virtually nothing today. As for myself, while building, owning and flying IVs - and hanging out with IV guys, quite honestly, this forum already has a diminishing attraction to me as it is clearly dominated by everything latest - SS, STI, 915 etc. - sort of like riding a dirt bike and the vast majority of the talk is of Chieftons, Vulcans and Gold Wings. In my mind, this very clearly explains the Avidfoxflyers and more recently the Kitfox Aircraft Owners Group on Facebook. Since I am not "considering" a new build, taking the build logs off site or putting them in a new topic section would have very little impact on my continued participation, but....
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel