Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for planes between DC and Hilton Head

Default Looking for planes between DC and Hilton Head

I'm having trouble getting the "where are we" map to work so I'm going this route to see if there is a chance I could stop by and see your plane, preferably a SS7, if you live somewhere along I-95 between DC and Hilton Head. Most likely we'll be leaving northern VA Saturday to head south and will be in HH until Thursday AM before heading back north. I've started covering and would appreciate seeing a finished plane to sort out a few details that aren't readily clear to me right now. Thanks, Darrel

Default Re: Looking for planes between DC and Hilton Head

Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Thanks Dorsal - this is and will be real handy. Sorry to say, it does reveal that we'll be making the trip without being able to stop and see anyone. I'm guessing that the developer (you??) put this together using the FAA database of registered aircraft. I say that because I have convinced myself I put my location on a map of some sort when I first joined this august body of enthusiasts but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this map as I'm not on it - but I'm still building. The two links to maps I've found in the "where are you" thread don't work for me - one requires a new password (update) and the other tells me that the memory allocation has been exceeded. Clearly I didn't find this one but will bookmark it now. Thanks for the response.

I'm in Charleston, still building but about to start covering. You're absolutely welcome to stop by but I'm not sure how much help seeing my build will be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    Thanks Dorsal - this is and will be real handy. Sorry to say, it does reveal that we'll be making the trip without being able to stop and see anyone. I'm guessing that the developer (you??) put this together using the FAA database of registered aircraft. I say that because I have convinced myself I put my location on a map of some sort when I first joined this august body of enthusiasts but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this map as I'm not on it - but I'm still building. The two links to maps I've found in the "where are you" thread don't work for me - one requires a new password (update) and the other tells me that the memory allocation has been exceeded. Clearly I didn't find this one but will bookmark it now. Thanks for the response.
    Sorry it was not more helpful (not my creation), good luck on your quest.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Joe - PM sent.

Darrel, If you get a chance to visit with Joe, you should do it. He is very knowledgeable, and welcoming. I'm sure I ask him way too many questions, but he was very honest, encouraging, and open to sharing anything he has learned. After my planned trip to visit with you fell through last January, I was able to meet up with him, a few weeks back, when heading down to Hilton Head. It was definitely worth the brief visit. Thank you, Joe! Eventually, I hope to meet up with you, too.

Mark

Mark it was great to meet you and you are welcome anytime! I hope you get a build going soon!

Mark - thanks for the push. This delayed response is due to going off frequency while on the trip but I did make it to Joe's. I enjoyed the visit and the chance to shamelessly steal ideas and compare notes. Thanks Joe!!