Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Prop bolts

Question Prop bolts

Well. my saga continues. I bought the Kitfox with a questionable prop. ordered new prop and it took longer then I wished but looks great.
    Now the new problem, I need shorter bolts to install the new prop
    The new question is the current bolts, 105mmx8mx1.25, 10.9 are too long. If I am able to find 100mm long bolts of this spec, will they be acceptable.
    My Mech is saying prop bolts are different then regular bolts. do they make metric prop bolts??
    Mark

Default Re: Prop bolts

Yes they make metric prop bolts. You have to be careful because a 5/16 bolt will thread into an 8mm threaded hub. A 5/16 bolt is.3125" while the 8mm is .3149. The 5/16 bolt will feel okay when threaded in by hand but it will not work.

The best thing to do is call the prop manufacture. Some props use a non drilled head bolt and a stop nut instead of safety wire.

Her's the metric prop bolts Aircraft Spruce has. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...?clickkey=7052
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Default Re: Prop bolts

the california power systems catalogue had prop bolts in different lengths, and the collars