Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: S7 in the Seattle area?

Default S7 in the Seattle area?

Hi all, first post here.

I am retiring in a year or two and wanted to start flying again. I was planning on a C180 but reality set in and it would be hard to afford to fly much in one of those. So, I began looking for alternatives and the Kitfox STi looks like just the ticket.

Does anyone in the Seattle area have one I can come take a look at? I would be building it. Is there a local group of builders that get together? I know there is an active EAA chapter out at Crest and of course Arlington probably too.

Thanks,
    Greg

Default Re: S7 in the Seattle area?

Welcome aboard Greg. The STI is so new that I believe it is unlikely that you will find one under construction locally let alone complete. They are out there Im sure since Kitfox is selling kits like mad right now. You will find numerous Series 5-7 near you. The only difference between a series 7 super sport and the STI is the wing. Check out your local series 5-7 and you will get the feel for it. The STI builds are using larger tires as well. I hear expected delivery of a kit ordered today is one year from now. Your in good shape for that.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Eddie!

Yes I would love to take a look at any series locally.

I will plan a trip out to the factory soon. Do they do demo

I paid Stick and Rudder for my demo flight. I believe that Kitfox and Stick and Rudder have an arrangement so that you fly with Stick and Rudder. On that flight, I was taken to the factory and was given a tour. I only paid for the rental and instructor for actual flight time. It is WAY worth it. Bring your check book cuz you will likely sign one over as I did. To be honest, I signed before I flew but I knew in the first 5 minutes of flying that next day, I would never regret that purchase. I had to rent a car to tour the factory the first day as it was raining but we still went back and landed at the factory to say hello on the next day.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by gpl916 View Post
    Thanks Eddie!

Yes I would love to take a look at any series locally.

I will plan a trip out to the factory soon. Do they do demo
    I’m in Boise. If Paul or his team isn’t around for a demo flight let me know. If my schedule works I’ll show you around a 7.

Thanks,
    I called Kitfox today but got a message and I missed their return call. I'll look into stick and Rudder too. I'll need a tail wheel endorsement and may use them.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    I paid Stick and Rudder for my demo flight. I believe that Kitfox and Stick and Rudder have an arrangement so that you fly with Stick and Rudder. On that flight, I was taken to the factory and was given a tour. I only paid for the rental and instructor for actual flight time. It is WAY worth it. Bring your check book cuz you will likely sign one over as I did. To be honest, I signed before I flew but I knew in the first 5 minutes of flying that next day, I would never regret that purchase. I had to rent a car to tour the factory the first day as it was raining but we still went back and landed at the factory to say hello on the next day.

Thanks! I'll send you a pm when I head that way!
    g

Quote Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
    I’m in Boise. If Paul or his team isn’t around for a demo flight let me know. If my schedule works I’ll show you around a 7.

That is where I got my conventional gear cert. You won't be disappointed.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I am up in Lynden and have an S7 that I completed in October. My site is at mykitlogpro.com.
    If you want to come up and check it out let me know.
    Bob Cunningham
    rtc183@hotmail.com

Hi Bob,
    i would love to come check out your s7! Thanks for the offer!

I will send you an email to figure out when would be best for you.
    Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by rtc183 View Post
    I am up in Lynden and have an S7 that I completed in October. My site is at mykitlogpro.com.
    If you want to come up and check it out let me know.
    Bob Cunningham
    rtc183@hotmail.com