Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Hobby Air Masks and Filtering Equipment (another paint spraying thread)

Default Hobby Air Masks and Filtering Equipment (another paint spraying thread)

Im planning to cover with Polyfiber and topcoat with Ranthane. That being said I need a forced air breathing supply. It seems the most affordable is HobbyAir, any opinions on this? Also Im choosing between the Tyvek hood (Air Supplied Painting Hood) or the full face mask version(Hobbyair 1 with Full Facemask and 40' of Hose). Does the lens fog bad on the full face? Is it better with the hood version? Seems nice to slip the hood over and go and not need a hooded suit etc...

In addition Im working on setting up my compressor, what filtering/water separation is needed? Anything specific or higher quality than standard filter/separators?

Ive been suggested to use this gun for all poly fiber and Ranthane coats Devilbiss Finishline 4 FLG-670 Solvent…

Default Re: Hobby Air Masks and Filtering Equipment (another paint spraying thread)

With a fresh air supply the mask shouldn't fog up. I prefer the mask over the hood, hood is too "floppy" for my taste. The HobbyAir stuff is very good quality, I own two.

Use a water separator, or desiccant dryer and one of the "grenade" type line filters at the gun and change them often.

That gun should work fine, you'll likely use the 1.3 or 1.5 tip setup depending on your preference. I would rather max out a smaller orifice spray gun than dump paint on and risk solvent entrapment with the bigger one. Tune the gun and spend some time practicing on something, old car hoods work nice.
    James T
    Valrico, FL

Default Re: Hobby Air Masks and Filtering Equipment (another paint spraying thread)

You do need a suit in addition to the hood or mask. Isocyanates adsorb readily through skin.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med