Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tru Trak Digitrak single axis auto pilot

Default Tru Trak Digitrak single axis auto pilot

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone on the site here are flying with one of these auto pilots, and what are your thoughts about them. If you had one and switched over to a two axis, feel free to comment as well please. John R. I sent you a private message about this, but feel free to comment here if you like. Thanks all, JImChuk

Default Re: Tru Trak Digitrak single axis auto pilot

I replied to the private message, but to put it in fewer words - I love my DigiTrak. Wish they still made them. TruTrak was considered the best by many of us when Jim Younkin ran the company (that he started), but I don't know a lot about the newer units. The DigiTrak I had in my Thorp T-18 worked beautifully for over 20 years.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I installed Autopilot pitch and roll servos to my Advanced Flight Systems EFIS last summer. Works great and I just love using it. Adds to the efficiency on cross country flights. Adds to safety in congested airspace. I wish I would have installed it earlier.

The hardest part of the installation was building the servo brackets in a finished airplane. To add Autopilot to my system only cost two servos and a network hub. Cost me $1500.

Well worth the added weight. Cross country trips to the backcountry are just a pleasure now.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Attached are pictures of the pitch and roll servo brackets. I built my own. I would have bought them from Kitfox but the lead time was too long at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Thanks John and Scott for the responces. Here is a picture of the AP I was referring to. It's just a single axis. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s exactly the unit I have, Jim.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime