Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paperwork

Default Paperwork

Trying to get the application for registration filled out and sent.

On the Bill of Sale,where the serial number goes, Kitfox wrote the number "KA1813..... Kit Only" Do I need to write "Kit Only" after the serial number also? Or just the serial number?

My aircraft will be registered to an individual.
    So, at the bottom where it says "Title" to the right of the printed name, what do I write?

Thanks

Default Re: Paperwork

For the serial # don't include the "kit only", just KA1813.

For your title you need to say "owner". This is stated on the right side of the form in the box that says "Helpful Information".
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Good thread to start as I will be doing the same. So I got on about a month ago and requested a tail number. Is this the next step? Do I have to wait until I receive something back from the tail number request?

Also I filled out the request for our tail numbers Jan 10. If I search the tail numbers under tail number availability and it still shows available for request? Did I do something wrong?

Although the FAA office for new aircraft registrations was not affected by the shut down I am willing to bet there may be a backlog for the processing of reserving N numbers. I would give them a call as I did. I believe it took two weeks for me to see, on line, that my reserved number was assigned to me.
    When you send your Docs in for the actual registration be sure to include all three forms. The registration application does not mention the document they need regarding the amature built statement. All three docs go to them and you should have your N number in about two weeks or less if you have reserved an N number. The reserved number makes it a priority registration so your registration request goes to the top of the pile. That is what the FAA told me when I called to see why mine was taking as long as it had. I had mailed my third doc to them in a separate envelope two days after the first so mine was incomplete initially so they put it in the long line of registration aplications until I called. They processed it that very day.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

EAA has a paperwork/registration packet for very little cost that tells you everything and shows examples of how to fill out each form. I found it extremely helpful. Everything went thru without a glitch.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

That is because Jim paid attention. I have that packet as well, but deferred to the Registration form. When I went back to the EAA packet a day later, that is when I discovered my error. It is a very nice packet that the EAA offers I agree.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    EAA has a paperwork/registration packet for very little cost that tells you everything and shows examples of how to fill out each form...
    This is vey hard to find on the EAA website. Here is a link for this packet:
    https://eaa.org/Shop/ProductCatalog/...SubTopicID=945

This is worth getting just for the paperwork stuff. It also includes a data plate, "Experimental" sticker, the passenger warning and a sheet of labels.

Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I bought the packet at sunnfun from the eaa tent.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Thank you! This is helpful!