Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Slightly different

Default Re: Slightly different

I love these. Fuel burn seems to be the big issue with 100hp turbines. Have you seen the Avid with a turbo prop. I wish the market could support the r&d for a purpose built hobby turbine.

http://www.stuttgart.engineering/news/

Very cool, imagine pulling up at your local airport with that turbine sound coming from your Kitfox! A mini me Draco. From their specs page it says 27kg/hr but no details on power settings or altitudes for this burn. If I figured right that's about 8-9 gallons/hr and if you could burn off road diesel (the stuff I use in my tractor) instead of jet A the price would come down per hour. Bruce N199CL

Unfortunetly, one cant use diesel in these. It’s specific gravity is to dense to get it to light off and it’s to dirty to boot.

Jet A is nothing more than Diesel #1, house heating oil, or kerosene. They all come from the same tank when the delivery guy picks it up at the fuel rack. You can mix unleaded gas with diesel to change the specific gravity though.

An APU is actually louder than a much larger turbine as the compressor spins so damn fast they hurt your ears