Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Heated seats

Default Heated seats

Has anyone used the heated seat inserts in their plane? Living in MN I was thinking of putting the 'Watercarbon' type inside the seat while upholstering. They are fairly reasonable at less than $100. That is for 4 pads which would cover pilot and passenger. I've been using the cheap ones, that plug into the cigar lighter, the kind you can get at any 'Mart type store.

Default Re: Heated seats

I know a guy putting them in his Arion Lightning. It seems like a pretty easy setup. His have controls in the panel very much like the ones in my car. And now that I have them in my car, I never want a car without them.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

My concern is current draw 60 watts a seat= 5amps a seat at max x 2 you are pulling a constant 10 amps with the normal load of radios and instruments will your system handle that. I have considered it my self
    Last edited by pakitdvr; 02-17-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakitdvr View Post
    My concern is current draw 60 watts a seat= 5amps a seat at max x 2 you are pulling a constant 10 amps with the normal load of radios and instruments will your system handle that. I have considered it my self
    Plane has 40 amp alternator. I will have to make sure the load doesn't exceed with everything powered up.