Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NR Propeller

Default Re: NR Propeller

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
    I just received my prop from NRprop today and looks great. Installing on my O-320 160 HP lycoming. Roman says its good for the HP.

Any body out there have a starting point for the pitch?
    Torque on the bolts?
    Ken
    Hi I would like to get some info on what prop you got from Roman for the 160 HP lycoming ,tried to send you a PM but says your PM box is full and you need to clear it to receive new message.

Quote Originally Posted by little rocket View Post
    Hi I would like to get some info on what prop you got from Roman for the 160 HP lycoming ,tried to send you a PM but says your PM box is full and you need to clear it to receive new message.
    This is what I got
    SR118-2024mm-(3 blades, hub SAE-2-101,6 rotax) Carbon propeller= 1100 euro + 130 euro shipping
    Also thanks on the mail box..... cleared old messages.
    Ken
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
    This is what I got
    SR118-2024mm-(3 blades, hub SAE-2-101,6 rotax) Carbon propeller= 1100 euro + 130 euro shipping
    Also thanks on the mail box..... cleared old messages.
    Ken
    Please clarify, how do you use a 2m diameter propeller on a 2800 rpm engine?
    The circumferential velocity in SI system reaches 293 m/s.

We mourn with you, colleagues. It is a great pity that I did not have time to ask this question....
    Last edited by Drowosek; 12-19-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexM View Post
    I don't have confirmation but I suspect my Meglin prop is also from the same molds as NR, Luga, etc. The blades look suspiciously identical in shape. Workmanship on the blades and hub is fantastic.
    I have told many times about Ukrainian propeller manufacturers and developers.
    The Lugansk firm AERO provided thousands of our aviators with plastic propellers with classic shaped blades.
    Then Lugaprop was spun off from it, and they began to work in parallel.
    In 1993 in Kharkov two of our designers Pavel Dimitrov and Anatoly Vasiliev designed and started production of propeller VN-1 at our firm Lilienthal.
    In 1995 it turned into a propeller with saber-shaped blades VN-3 Donchak. Its properties surpassed all known propellers at that time.
    But in the future the quality of blade manufacturing fell. Lugaprop manufacturing quality has always been excellent and stable.
    Around 2010 I managed to convince Lugaprop to buy the right to produce VN-3 Donchak propeller and join efforts to produce saber-shaped and classic blades.
    Lugaprop was able to significantly expand the range of propellers produced. At this time NR-prop was separated from Lugaprop.
    Later their paths diverged and now the nomenclature is different. Lugaprop now operates in Russia.
    We in Kharkiv continue to work closely with NR-prop, which was forced to move from Lugansk to Kiev.
    Our nomenclature of Meglin propellers is identical, the production of both classic and saber-shaped propellers has been preserved.
    Ellipse-shaped blades have also appeared, as well as especially strong blades designed for engines without gearboxes or engines with increased power.
    These blades were developed at the request of American pilots, owners of RV aircraft with Lycoming engines. Similar blades are also used by Jabiru owners.
    We also try to keep the production of wooden propellers and various auxiliary products listed on the website: http://propeller.mozello.com/
    The photo shows the VN-3 Donchak propellers.
    Regards, Vladimir Meglinsky.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Drowosek - I'm curious as to what is wrong with 293mps? A quick look up says the speed of sound at 20C is 1235 km/hr (343 m/s). If my research and math is correct, tip speed would be about 85% sos. That's pretty much at the limit of efficiency for most propellers but it also isn't the cruise speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    Drowosek - I'm curious as to what is wrong with 293mps? A quick look up says the speed of sound at 20C is 1235 km/hr (343 m/s). If my research and math is correct, tip speed would be about 85% sos. That's pretty much at the limit of efficiency for most propellers but it also isn't the cruise speed.
    The point is that the translational velocity is added to the circumferential velocity. In addition, the velocity of local currents due to the streamline of the profile is always greater. Local compaction jumps appear, noise and power losses increase sharply. Therefore, the circumferential speed is usually limited to 220 m/s, 240 in extreme case. Of course, the saber-shaped blade shape partially mitigates the negative effects of the sweep.