Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NR Propeller

Default Re: NR Propeller

I don't have confirmation but I suspect my Meglin prop is also from the same molds as NR, Luga, etc. The blades look suspiciously identical in shape. Workmanship on the blades and hub is fantastic.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

I just received my prop from NRprop today and looks great. Installing on my O-320 160 HP lycoming. Roman says its good for the HP.

Any body out there have a starting point for the pitch?
    Torque on the bolts?
    Ken
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

Ken,

A good place to check with is the prop manufacturer. Often they can guide a person based on other customers experience with the same engine/prop combo.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Hey Ken,

I wrote Roman and for my prop assy. he responded:

Hello Brett !

5. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE

5.1 Before operating the propeller carefully read the rules of its assembly, operation and maintenance.
    5.2 Prior to the assembly and installation of the propeller on the aircraft the following is required:
    Check availability of parts and components in accordance with section 6 of the passport;
    visual inspection of the parts to check the status after transport;
    install the blades into the hub slot in accordance with the blade and bearing markings after securing with bolts;
    set the angles of the blades using a ruler whose “0” corresponds to ______. No gaps along the ruler or blade edges are allowed;
    tighten the hub bolts with 2,1 kg m force and lock them;
    set screw on the seat of the motor flange and fix with bolts with tightening force 2,3 kg m, lock them;
    5.3. Following this recommendation will ensure proper assembly and operation. The propeller is balanced, eliminating vibration and ensuring the normal operation of the engine.

Best regards Roman

Вы писали 12 мая 2023 г., 13:49:35:

Дорогий сер, Яке правильне значення крутного моменту гвинта до фланця коробки передач і крутний момент затискних болтів лопаті? У мене 912ul Zipper @110hp і 2-лопатевий пропелер SR-106. Будь ласка, в дюймах-фунтах і/або футах-фунтах, якщо можливо. Дякую тобі,

Dear sir,

What is the proper torque value of the propeller to the gearbox flange and the torque of the blade clamping bolts?
    I have a 912ul Zipper @110hp and a 2 blade SR-106 propeller.
    Please in inch lbs and/or ft lbs if possible.
    Thank you,
    Brett

I had a heck of a time finding the torque values as well. Go to the NR website and shoot him an email on your specific prop. Took about 3-5 days for him to respond to mine. I had to use an online converter from kg to inch/ft lbs. As for pitch, I started at 16deg.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Thanks for the response, Roman sent me the same info5. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE

5.1 Before operating the propeller carefully read the rules of its assembly, operation and maintenance.
    5.2 Prior to the assembly and installation of the propeller on the aircraft the following is required:
    Check availability of parts and components in accordance with section 6 of the passport;
    visual inspection of the parts to check the status after transport;
    install the blades into the hub slot in accordance with the blade and bearing markings after securing with bolts;
    set the angles of the blades using a ruler whose “0” corresponds to __17____. No gaps along the ruler or blade edges are allowed;
    tighten the hub bolts with 2,3 kg m force and lock them;
    set screw on the seat of the motor flange and fix with bolts with tightening force 2,5 kg m, lock them;
    5.3. Following this recommendation will ensure proper assembly and operation. The propeller is balanced, eliminating vibration and ensuring the normal operation of the engine.

Best regards Roman

DOnt know why they just don't send a manual with the prop.
    Now I need to read the "rules of assembly, operation and maintenance". which was not supplied.
    Ken

Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

Also 215 Inlb for prop to engine hub seams awful light torque.
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

I would recommend calling saber bolts in Texas and changing out the bolts that came with the NR prop. Prop is great but the hardward I received was not aircraft grade bolts. I was told and torque to 180inch pounds, or 15ft lbs. Don't want to over torque as you are squeezing the prop.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Good Idea, I think I will need the flange bolts also, mine are too long.

also got this from Roman.

MTBF, life, storage life

Life of the product is 8 years.
    The warranty of the manufacturer, which starts at the moment of sale is 12 months.
    Storage life in special manufacturer packaging is: in client storage – 5 years, except for heat-stressed areas, in which the storage life is 3 years.
    Store indoors in manufacturer’s packaging at temperatures from +10 to +35 С°, with humidity not more than 75 – 80%.
    Repair of the following minor defects and damages by the manufacturer is allowed:
    replacement of steel bindings;
    removal of nicks and chippings up to 2ё3 mm;
    removal of scratches of depth up to 0,5 mm and length up to 35 mm;
    applying putty and coloring to the repaired areas of the product.

The aforementioned MTFB, life and storage life are only valid if the storage and operation terms were followed by the client.

Best regards Roman
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

35 deg C is like spring and fall here in Tucson. so I guess it is only good for 3 years at 110 deg F
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp