Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wing Root Cuffs

Default Re: Wing Root Cuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    This is one part of the plane I wish the factory offered something better that was bolt on.

one of the advantages of having a group like this would be getting the right talents working together to provide nifty parts many of us could use .. so how about 3D printing? somebody should be able to take one of those custom cuffs and create the digital file that drives the 3D printer .. and the file can be passed along for local fabrication if you have the contacts, otherwise somebody with a 3D printer could fill the order ...
    one target I would have in mind is the scoop to hide the water radiator that hangs underneath earlier 912 installations, to me that is the worst visual on an otherwise attractive design ..

Its definitely something we have considered. The challenge is that there is just enough variation with wing rigging and how the windshield is fit, that it is tough to have a one size fits all. There needs to be a way to make them adjustable. Hard to do with composite. Any ideas......I’m listening. 😉

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
    I agree. I volunteer to beta-test! Think I can dibs over Trent? Eh Brandon? Please?

That's why on RVs there are several areas that are done by the builder...i.e. gear leg to fuselage fairing, base of windshield fairing.

Ralph