Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 3 land gear.

Default Model 3 land gear.

Looking to up grade my bungee cord suspension on my model 3. What would be the best route to go? I do a lot of off runway field landing.

Default Re: Model 3 land gear

Welcome aboard Gibson. Loved my model 3. I went with the Grove gear on my model 3 and it really tamed the ground handling of that aircraft. There were no other choices back then (2000) but stock bungies or convert to the Grove gear. Never regretted the switch. Had no problems landing anywhere off field with the Grove setup.
    Enjoy the forums and your model 3.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Model 3 land gear.

Desertfox4 do you have any pics of the landing gear. What size tires did you go with

Default Re: Model 3 land gear.

Sorry no photos of the model 3. I sold that back in 2002. Go to our member’s photo album directory and scour through the model 3 catagory. Very sure there will be photos og the aluminum gear on some of the Kitfox photos. The tires were atv tires with the tread removed and they were 8” rims with Matco disc brakes. Pretty standard fair for that time. Still quite a few owners running those wheels today.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear