Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather contrasts

Default Weather contrasts

There have been a lot of posts lately from you lot up nth with pics of snow, skis, oil cooler covers and cabin breezes.

Down here in OZ we have slightly contrasting weather! Sparing a thought for you Dave out at Moama!

cheers
    r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Weather contrasts

That's quite bizarre. I've just replied on Brian's thread and sent a photo of WA weather versus that horrible white stuff he had for moving his machine to its new home. BBRRrrrrrrrr

45 is a bit toasty. I think it's been colder this year in WA (in the southwest anyway). Usually I'm seeing 38 etc but so far it's rarely reached that high; only 33/34 ish. Perhaps the end of Jan will prove to be my undoing

The weather in Wisconsin has been a mess, too. Relatively warm lately in the 20s to 30s F, but very little snow here. Some up by the lakes, but not anywhere else. All the snow has been going south of us, Missouri, Iowa and Illinois. Starting a cold snap now in the single digits to teens for highs.

Oh well...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Upstate NY has been cold this month. There is snow in the Adirondacks and most lakes are a foot thick. If you go 40 miles south the lakes have just froze over again. I have been getting about 1 good flying day a week so planning is the key to getting out.

So far it's been a relatively light winter out here east of Portland OR an hour. Just happened to get a bunch of snow last night but it doesn't stick for very long here.

I'm just about smack middle of a mountain range and the west side surprisingly has been beautiful the last week. Usually the east gets the desert weather.

The weather in New Zealand has been very unsettled,we have had a series of 29-31c days mixed with 15-17c days and rain which is unusual.We are normally very dry and burnt off on the east coast this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    There have been a lot of posts lately from you lot up nth with pics of snow, skis, oil cooler covers and cabin breezes.

Down here in OZ we have slightly contrasting weather! Sparing a thought for you Dave out at Moama!

cheers
    r
    Yes Ross, it’s been very “toastie” here in Moama. Have had fans blasting away but I’ve had to cut out working during the warmer parts of the day. I think we’ve had 3 or 4 consecutive days beyond 40C (105F) with one day 44C (113F). Not pretty.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Talking Re: Weather contrasts

Hey you Aussies!!!
    I know you guys don't often share with us kiwi's but please stop sending your heat over here.
    unusual for us,but we have had a run of 30c days and more for next week.
    I see you poor buggers are getting high 40's, How do you survive that!

I saw the forecast for ADL today was 47 packed a good time to be in Japan

Good thinking Paul! We are thinking Furano for a week or so skiing!

Dusty, we share some things in common - l mean, here's my solution for coping with the heat ....... Kiwi's would NEVER Think of that!

cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)