Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EarthX Batteries newest TeamKitfox Sponsor.👍

Default EarthX Batteries newest TeamKitfox Sponsor.👍

I’d like to welcome EarthX Batteries as TeamKitfox.com’s newest site sponsor.

703D40AA-A6FC-4E36-B0DB-E8F052C669B1.png

Many of you know about and use EarthX batteries in your Kitfox already.
    Please click on their advert at the top of every page and see all the products EarthX carries.
    There is no easier or less expensive way to reduce empty weight and increase useful load in your Kitfox than switching to an EarthX battery. I’ve installed an EarthX battery in my Kitfox 7 Super Sport.

D8374B30-997C-47B8-AE60-BE2706EFEF05.jpg

While at AirVenture 2018, I got a chance to visit with Kathy about all EarthX has to offer our membership.
    One of the offerings from EarthX is their lightweight and powerful Jump Pack. I purchased one on the spot.
    It now resides in my Toyota Pickup where it already saved the day when my truck battery decides to cross over to that dead battery heaven late last month. I also purchased their remote start cable and will install that on my Kitfox project. It will allow me if ever needed ( nobody leaves their master switch on anymore do they), without even having to unbuckle my seat belts or pull cowlings off the Kitfox to jump start in the field. The Jump Pack can serve both locations. At one pound I’ll never leave home without it.

Again, welcome EarthX to TeamKitfox.com. We appreciate your sponsorship and great products.
    Thanks for making our aircraft lighter weight and more enjoyable to own and fly.

Kitfox Aircraft chooses EarthX batteries as they are very light weight and reliable with a built-in battery management system for safety. The EarthX is also built in the USA and is backed with outstanding customer service and support. John McBean-Owner/CEO Kitfox Aircraft
    Attached Images Attached Images

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: EarthX Batteries newest TeamKitfox Sponsor.👍

And their customer service is stellar. If You buy one get the charger for it as well. My customer service event was a severly over discharged battery since It is recommended to keep it charged if on a shelf for too long. Anyhow, It was replaced under warranty after a little trial and error at getting the battery to reset without success. I can't say I recall her name but she was great at talking me through the use of the charger. Turned out that my charger (although it was once on the recommended list) is no longer on the compatible charger list. Save yourself any trouble, just get the one that is recommended by EarthX.
    Welcome aboard EarthX and thanks for the great service.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Eddie. 👍 All our sponsors enjoy reading about satisfied customers on TeamKitfox. It’s vital feedback as to where they decide to allocate their limited advertising budgets.

Kathy fromEarthX was very positive about being part of the Kitfox community when we first talked at AirVenture 2018. EarthX and Kitfox Aircraft had already had and continue to have a solid and positive business relationship.

EarthX has leaped into the lead for developement and marketing of these powerful but incredibly light weight batteries. They also understand the unique set of requirements aircraft owners need in their plane’s batteries. That's why it is neccessary to spend a little time on EarthX’s website to learn about their battery models specific to aircraft. There are safety features specific to the EarthX aircraft battery line of products.

A little story..... Eddie, you know the guys I’m fortunate enough to build airplanes with in Gilbert,AZ. Two master Kitfox builders for sure. I had already built a battery box and had a light weight battery installed. It was a competitor to EarthX. I won’t mention the name brand but you can guess who it was. My two friends approached me one day awhile back and told me they would not let me even make first flight with that battery installation. They presented me with a brand new EarthX aircraft battery and a new sexy Kitfox Aircraft battery box to mount it in. Even helped me make the swap. Pretty great friends.

When EarthX became a sponsor on this site, I bought a new EarthX battery and Kitfox battery box and will install it in my friends Kitfox. Our local fleet of Kitfox’ is moving into the modern battery age. Also great to increase useful load quickly without having to starve yourself on some horrendous and expensive diet plan.😉
    Attached Images Attached Images

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I agree about their customer service and technical response. I wanted to incorporate the battery warning into a warning on the MGL iEFIS. The EarthX manual gives examples of doing this for the Dynon units etc but not MGL. A quick email to them and I had a response once the sun was up in the US and very clearly described what I needed to do. It was very easy to incorporate it into the MGL system and I now have a battery warning on the EFIS and no need to install a light in the panel.

I will add this only works on the MGL simulator at the moment as my EFIS is not yet installed but I have every confidence in the logic and data provided by EarthX.

Thanks Paul.
    I too installed a MGL glass screen so will be asking EarthX about that procedure.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Another shout out for EarthX. My baby lost 11.2 pounds by switching to EarthX over the old lead acid blob. And she she starts with much more vigor, especially with the cold temps this winter.
    Kitfox Sport TW
    Colorado

Hi Steve,

I've sent you a couple of PMs but I'm not convinced they've gone to you. One ended up with the spinning rainbow wheel and then just asked me if I wanted to leave the page. The other appeared to be okay but its not in my 'Sent' folder. It'll be a good test to see if the PMs are working on this new website, as well as trying to avoid boring everybody else on this thread with battery warning methods

Paul, I had to sign off for a while. I did get both p.m. messages from you.👍 Thanks.
    I think you will need to change a setting in your personal settings to generate a sent message copy.
    I will look into that tomorrow for you.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear