Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Picking up my kit

Default Re: Picking up my kit

Success! I've just returned from Homedale with my SS7 kit yesterday. Thanks, Ralph, for letting me buy some of your moving blankets. They worked very well.

I picked up my 16' Penske truck in Boise at 8am and drove over to the Harbor Freight in Nampa where I met up with Ralph to get the blankets and also to pickup ratchet straps at the store. I had no idea how many straps would be needed so I bought 4 packets of 4 straps but I ended up using only 7 straps.

Once I got there, they pretty much loaded the truck for me. First the wings were strapped onto the side walls with some ratchet straps. (The fuel tanks had already been secured onto the wings.) Then the fuselage was screwed onto the floor. The rest was just a matter of loading boxes and other items.

Here are some pics of the kit being loaded onto the truck.

iUx2hm3UQcmrS7Xz47gRdg.jpga5SgDrvfR%KX4oL53NGyQQ.jpgG1wkY8WRRNOky6YS5yx85g.jpgPGOEna%gSr+l1XcSZpdUUw.jpgGMpdI%PqST6DSBFmEINfIg.jpgDP2P3PmhSD+8O3o+de8u1Q.jpgBgI15LDKSRejY0ZaUQOBUw.jpg
    Terry
    ATP, Goldseal CFI/CFII/MEI

SS7
    Portland, OR

That's what I call service! All loaded nicely.
    The build quality of the kits now are so much better under John and Debbra's leadership.

Enjoy your build! I will be following along.

Cheers!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Awesome! I just reserved my truck and will be picking up mine on March 1st. Thanks for posting the pictures!!

Happy to hear you made it back to Portland with everything in good order.

Glad I could help with the blankets.

Ralph

Hay Terry,

Get your inventory complete and let us know when you want to have a local builders group.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Hey Terry
    Looks like de’ja’vu, I picked my kit up last summer. Hope you have as much fun with your build as I am.
    If you run into any problems, this site is a great help. I’m not far from Portland and am available also.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Congrats Terry, now the fun begins.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Congratulations! Welcome to the fun part. One thing that validates my choice of airplane time and again is how helpful they are in Homedale.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Thank you all for the wellwishes! I am super excited about building this plane. I will start a build thread on this forum once I get started on it.

Right now, I need to finish a project to convert my unfinished (yes it's literally only a shell and nothing else.) detached two-car garage into a functional shop before I can start working on the plane and that probably will take at least another couple of weeks. The fact that my work keeps me on the road quite a bit doesn't help either. It sounds simple but it is turning out to be a bigger project than I originally thought...
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post
    Hay Terry,

Get your inventory complete and let us know when you want to have a local builders group.

Scott
    Will do!! I am looking forward to meeting you all!!
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR