Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head set location

Default Re: Head set location

Here is the insert that is used when mounting in the center console. The jacks are recessed and do not stick out into the pilot and copilot’s space. I’ve flown several local Kitfoxs and am flying with this jack setup and find it the best of all the locations yet. It’s been the go to location on several of our local Arizona built Kitfoxs in the last five years or so. Using it again in my 7SS project. You can acess both jack locations pretty easily from either seat in flight if a quick headset switch is needed. Placing in this location kind of depends on how much stuff a builder has crammed into the center console. Two versions available at Aircraft Spruce.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thumbs up Re: Head set location

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Here is the insert that is used when mounting in the center console. ..
    That's perfect. I did LEMO plugs, but it would not be too difficult to fabricate something. If I were to do it over, I'd do that.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Default Re: Head set location

Here is what did. ligthspeeds with lemo plugs - cable tied the controllers up the top just forward of head so i can see to adjust if needed. you can see there is sufficient chord to run it backwards and then down with the fuel lines so there is no chord in front of me. I store the headsets in the little pockets in the luggage container. I hated having all the chords around my knees in other planes! And wiring with a lemo plug means I need no batteries for the noise cancelling.

cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)