Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: UL Power Engines

Default UL Power Engines

Does anyone have any experience with the UL Power engines? A friend at the airport mentioned them to me today, but I hadn't heard of the company. He told me the engines are relatively new and are manufactured in Europe. I did a search of this forum but couldn't find any mention of them. I know Rotax seems to have the lion share of the experimental and LSA engine market (for good reasons), but I always like to hear about alternative options. The following link is their North American market website (competition is a good thing to moderate pricing).

http://www.ulpower.net
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Default Re: UL Power Engines

I was going to put one in mine originally til I got a good deal on my 914. Honestly, I'm happy I went with the Rotax but UL has been around for 7+ years and has a lineage of race engine history before that. Haven't really heard anything bad and the Zenith guys seem to love them.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Default Re: UL Power Engines

The Just factory guys weren't as impressed with them.

I've had no direct experience.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos