Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Plane transport

Default Plane transport

Anyone know of a reasonably price outfit that can disassemble and transport an aircraft on fairly short notice. Plane in question will need wings removed and removed from it's current hangar before the end of January. Not a kitfox, otherwise I would do it myself since I still have a trailer built for a KF. This plane is metal and no folding wings.

Default Re: Plane transport

I'm not sure about disassembly, but for transport I've used Denan Transport. Elizabeth was pretty flexible and easy going. She runs an open trailer though.

Elizabeth OHara
    Denan Transport
    931-505-2158

Thanks Mike! I'll give them a call.

I called Elizabeth and unfortunately she doesn't do disassembly and is booked through Feburary.

The search continues.....

If you search for "transport" on Barnstormer's you'll get a few options. I'd imagine you'll have to get someone else to take it apart and crate up the small parts.

I guess my first questions would be, what kind of plane and from where to where with the move.... (I'm not available :-) JImChuk

What the heck Jim, you're not wanting to help me??? I have an 18' flatbed trailer but I think it would be very hard for it to fit since it is already a built aircraft. Also, I couldn't find any help at the local airport so either need to bring a buddy or hire it done. So it looks like I will be hiring it done.

It's not a Kitfox, It's a Murphy Rebel that is 99% complete. If I can get it for a fair price, I need to get it hauled home since it hasn't been inspected, no AW or N-number. Needs to be hauled home and finished. It's in Indiana and I need to bring it to my place.

Well being that it's an experimental, that makes it easier I'm sure. Otherwise with certified you would have to involve an AnP I'm sure. I have a friend near me that is building a Rebel, I'll talk to him and see how hard it is to remove the wings if that will help. JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Well being that it's an experimental, that makes it easier I'm sure. Otherwise with certified you would have to involve an AnP I'm sure. I have a friend near me that is building a Rebel, I'll talk to him and see how hard it is to remove the wings if that will help. JImChuk
    Thanks!! I talked to another friend that has 3 Rebels!! He said it is one of the easiest of planes to take the wings off. He is an IA/AP. Unfortunately he lives 500+ miles away so too far to give me a hand.