Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick & Rudder’s new website look.

Default Re: Stick & Rudder’s new website look.

I'd be interested in bringing my plane to them and flying my model 4 with them for a week. Says the hourly rate for the instructor is 75. I could be up for paying that if they would train me in my plane.

I have a SS7 here so.....but Paul specifically told me, once my plane was finished phase 1 he would train me in the back country with my plane.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I am one of those Aussies that have flown with Paul from Stick and Rudder and yes it's a fair investment but money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
    You pay for what you get in most cases and you you get a first class, professional flying school that has left me with fantastic memories of the Idaho backcountry and feeling comfortable to carry out the first flight of my kitfox.
    I am most envious of those who have the Idaho backcountry on their door step! It makes me want to wheel the kitfox into a sea container and send it to Boise for a summer
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Like Ben, I travelled to Idaho to fly with Paul L. I was very rusty from not having flown for a few months but Paul belted me into shape over 4 days of some of the best flying experiences I’ve had. He is a master CFI and knows the Kitfox and back country flying inside out. Imho, anyone coming up for their first flight should spend the money and head for S&R. It’s the best insurance you can buy, no matter the cost.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Not to mention, it is an absolute blast.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    I'd be interested in bringing my plane to them and flying my model 4 with them for a week. Says the hourly rate for the instructor is 75. I could be up for paying that if they would train me in my plane.

I went through Stick and Rudder when I bought my Kitfox 5. I hadn't flown in about 20 years, and only had a handful of hours in a tailwheel airplane. Paul set me up with one of his instructors, and we flew my airplane until I was competent enough for the endorsement. It was a great experience, and I wouldn't go anywhere else for training. I loved learning my own airplane.

Thanks Paul, Darin, and Gary.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR