Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Kitfox Fly in

Default Re: Eastern Kitfox Fly in

Maybe for this first time We can do The Boonville airport and combine it with The RAF event there. You can camp under the plane and there is usually a barbeque. we can fly to Basin harbor and maybe Pa. to check them out.
    This might work out better if there is only a handful of us. Float planes can land at my camp and drive over .

SO far we have 2 votes for Boonville 1 for Harbor Basin and 1 for Pa. and one I don't care.

Please send us your vote.

Another great place to have Eastern flyin is at SentimentalJourney in LockHaven Pennsylvania KLHV they have camping,food vendors, & nightly entertainment it’s in June www.sentimentaljourney-in.com also the Piper Museum is there.
    David McCormick
    Kitfox Classic IV powered by Jabiru 2200
    Based at Jersey Shore, Pa P96

I like Dave's spot in Lock Haven, there is food, there are showers, food, vendors, food, not far to downtown if some want a hotel for a night. Lots of grass fields all around for fly-outs. Lock Haven has both hard surface and grass.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Have you ever flown back and forth across the border ? Is that difficult ? I want to fly into Canada But I hear all kinds of rumors about experimental and LSA not being allowed. I am not LSA licensed but my plane is LSA.
    I have not yet. I don't know about US registered lsa/experimental coming this way, but i'm pretty sure for me going into the US I only need to have a form filled out and on board - which allows me to fly my 'amateur built ' plane (kitfox) across the border. Which is a streamlined SFA. And at the bottom it actually says there is a reciprocal agreement. So, it shouldn't be too difficult. You'd just have to land and clear customs.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

It has been my understanding that it is the Light Sport Pilot License that is not accepted in Canada. All the aircraft are, provided it is at least a Private Pilot who is piloting it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by David McCormick View Post
    Another great place to have Eastern flyin is at SentimentalJourney in LockHaven Pennsylvania KLHV they have camping,food vendors, & nightly entertainment it’s in June www.sentimentaljourney-in.com also the Piper Museum is there.
    The more I think about it this is a great idea. I usually fly to this event every year and find it to be a relaxed old fashioned type of fly- in, with all we would need. Its easy to get in and out of the airfield whenever you choose, there is camping under the wing (showers and port a potties) or hotels, food on the field (also a corn roast in the evening as I recall) , the Piper museum is a short walk away on the field. It runs from Tuesday thru Saturday , so if weather is a factor , we have better options . Also if we find out these Kitfox get togethers are a good idea , we could do another later summer or fall at one of the other spots. Even though we will be vastly outnumbered by Pipers of course, they are an accepting group of aviators Fred, you were the instigator of this thread , what say you? Bruce N199CL

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    It has been my understanding that it is the Light Sport Pilot License that is not accepted in Canada. All the aircraft are, provided it is at least a Private Pilot who is piloting it.
    It’s the medical issue. 99% sure you can operate an LSA with a lightsport license as long as you have a class three medical.

Edit: just looked it up and the don’t recognize the light Sport certificate so you need a private pilot license. Seems odd to me as your light Sport certificate would be very similar to our recreational license.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I plan on going Again.

SO I am good there. How about any special equipment required.
    I imagine I would just need to stop at an airport for the customs. I wonder if you can call like with a boat?
    Do I have to always file a flight plan while flying in Ca.?

I was thinking something besides sentimental Journey . Later in the year. We are going to fly to the Ice airport in New Hampshire in the next few weeks if anyone is interested