Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oratex patch kits

Default Oratex patch kits

Has anyone used oratex to patch small holes in stits on control surfaces. If so how long did it take to order the product. I'm right at a year and it's still back ordered, is it worth waiting for?

Default Re: Orate patch kits

far quicker to ask one of us who may have the color you need. I have silver patch material that I would be willing to cut off a swatch and mail it to you. Problem here is you should have glue to apply to the receiving fabric. The patch has adhesive already on it but I beleive you are supposed to apply glue to the area to be patched. I put a small patch of the oratex on raw Oratex fabric and it stuck fine though.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks, I'm looking for the antique white, I'm probably wrong bit I thot there were two kinds, one you needed glue and one that you didn't, I'm looking for the one you dont.....i think

I’ve patched over an access hole by using the self stick material. It’s held up well for 30+ hours so far.
    I ordered a couple sheets of peel and stick that arrived quickly from Alaska.

Jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

I have used Gorilla Tape for a pin hole in the rudder. They make a CLEAR version that sticks like crazy and obviously blends-in well. I also used it to reinforce the old sewing seam on my rear triangle window from the inside on the bottom edge. Built in 1993 the sewing was a little loose in one spot. Seems to be holding up well.

I patched some spots on my belly and it worked great. I painted it to match and looks like it was made that way.

I've contacted the company at least six times over the last year their standard reply is they are out of stock and the company in Germany hasn't restocked yet. Because we fly in and out of the ranch we thought the self sticking stuff would be great to carry in the plane.

I got what ever color they had in stock and it painted up nice with a brush. I can send you a picture. But you are right they did have but one color for the last year. It makes no sense to do business that way .

Default Re: Oratex patch kits

Good news, I contacted oratex again and both Joe and Paul contacted me with product in hand, I'll be ordering today. Thanks, Todd