Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Default Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Looking forward a bit in the manual to do some planning... is it advisable to do all control rigging, (elevator, rudder, and flaperons) prior to covering any surface? It seems like a lot of builds the tail is done before cover so Iím wondering if the flaps should be done before covering the wings.

Default Re: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

I didn't do the rigging of the flapperons until nearly last thing. I fealt that I needed the fabric in place and then the flapperon hangers fixed permanently for the rigging to be done.
    Eddie Forward
    Building
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I rigged the aileron and flaps all the way to the flaperon mixer before covering. If I remember right there are angles you are able to set on the mixer. This only left connecting the vertical pushrods to the flaperons, setting neutral and checking travels when I installed the flaperons.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5, Continental IO-240
    Flying

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    I didn't do the rigging of the flapperons until nearly last thing. I fealt that I needed the fabric in place and then the flapperon hangers fixed permanently for the rigging to be done.
    I was thinking the same but I imagine a full house of clecos would be enough but I think Iíll just wait and rig the mixer only.

Default Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Wing tips are trimmed and flaperon ends shaped and hysoled. My scribe lines were definitely off so I scribed my own. I fit them on the wings and positioned them until I was happy with the position then used this leather tool to scribe a line referenced to the inside edge of the cap strip. Super easy. Highly suggest picking one of these up if youíre working on your wing tips.

I did find one bubble in the fiberglass that I will need to fill with super-fill.

Oh and I dropped in the header tank.