Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Default Re: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

What engine are you using?

I’m planning for the 912is

Hi Joe! Since I rigged it... Let me ask a couple questions.😉. Where are you getting the 3/4? Got any pics? Do you still only have one wing installed? Is the #1 rib in place?

Sweep is only affected by the location of the holes drilled in the spars at the root of the Wing. The brackets/ rod ends are going to change dihedral and washout.

Brandon

Hey Brandon! I’ve attched pictures of each side. #1 rib is installed on both wings and both wings are installed when I took these measurements, the airframe was leveled using a 48 inch level front to back on the tubes above the cockpit and left to right on the #1 ribs as well as behind the cockpit. I have 1” block taped just inbound of the most outbound rib on each wing and the string is taped the the front of that block. For the sake of giving you more information. The measurement from my center rudder bolt to the 120” mark on my left wing is slightly over 1/4” in longer than the same measurement in the right wing. My dihedral is within 1/16 and my washout is 1/2” in on the right wing. And about 1/16-1/8 less than 1/2” on the left wing. Thanks!E168FF1A-65E3-4C16-A974-261E46F3312D.jpeg49170509-FEC9-4DA4-B7FB-A8019F10FFBB.jpeg

Thanks Joe. Give me a call at the factory tomorrow and we can discuss a few things.
    Thanks!
    Brandon

Default Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Alright! Rigging is ok’ed...got the bubble doors trimmed and drilled, just waiting for latches and then paint. Jury struts are fit and ready to be positioned (once it warms up outside). Also been working on finishing my balsa tips, but I don’t have pictures. Tanks are also fit and going in this week.

It’s fun to see it out in the backyard with the wings unfolded. We have been in and out of the garage a bunch lately with help from my girlfriend Devon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRuscito View Post
    Alright! Rigging is ok’ed...
    Hi Joe,

Can you provide some insight of your conversation with Brandon, and what adjustments you needed to make (if any) to your rigging?

Your build is looking really nice!

thanks
    Bob Krause

Hey Bob, Brandon and I reviewed how I was checking my rigging to make sure I hadn’t done something incorrectly which I had not. He then explained that adjustments to the lift strut rod ends would not change sweep and only change dihedral and washout, which were within the correct range already. He had calculated the sweep value based on my measurements and determined that I effectively have under a 10th of a percent sweep to the rear of the aircraft. He assured me this will not cause any handling issues and that I likely would not be able to notice the difference even flying aircraft back to back that had been rigged exactly by the book and like my own is rigged. So no adjustments were needed at this time.

As always I really appreciate the prompt way Brandon and Kitfox as a whole addressed my concerns.

Thanks for the response Joe. It's good to know that minor deviations in the measurements are not a reason for concern.

Bob

Default Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Ok, time for my morning onslaught of questions! About to commence cleaning my tanks but I noticed that one tank has a bit of a rock and doesn’t sit quite flush with the #3 cap strip. Also I noticed that on the other side the rivets won’t allow it to sit flat on the spar. Should I be making indents for the rivets and also what do I do about the tank not sitting flush with the cap strip.

Also for sloshing the tanks is there a reason to only use 3M green tape or can I use another more common tape?
    Last edited by JoeRuscito; 01-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.