Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tools and Options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Tools and Options

I made an extended baggage compartment by installing a lightweight (1/8" ply) floor behind the standard compartment, and then had my wife sew in a zipper on a portion of the rear fabric panel of the standard factory baggage sack. If I have long, lightweight cargo, I just unzip that panel and lay the item thru it. No fancy heavy duty floor or sides needed back there for obvious reasons.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jim,
    Since I don't have my kit yet I am in the dark about a lot of items and am reviewing various options. The options list show a Cabin Baggage Kit ($525) and an Extended Baggage Kit ($650). What is in the standard aircraft kit? Your mod sounds like a pretty easy change and a whole lot less expensive! Thanks.
    Bill

The standard kit does not include any baggage kit. I used the standard cabin baggage kit option and modified it with a zipper as described earlier.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Cabin air vents are an option. They also sell a stainless trim piece to protect the paint/fabric as you enter the cabin.