Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries

Thread: Whirlwind CS

Default Whirlwind CS

Anyone use a Whirlwind CS prop? I have a good (REALLY good) deal available to me on a 68 inch Whirlwind hydraulic CS prop. Prop, governor and controls all included.
    James T
    Valrico, FL

Default Re: Whirlwind CS

Who makes the hub? Whirlwind typically only supplies the blades. I am guessing Airmaster? If so, you probably can't find a nicer setup
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

It's a Whirlwind 100 series CS. Their own hub. I thought 68" but it's 69". Two blade. It's almost 6k new but I can get this one for 1,500. One blade has a small delam so it needs to go back to WW for repairs.
    James T
    Valrico, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It's a Whirlwind 100 series CS. Their own hub. I thought 68" but it's 69". Two blade. It's almost 6k new but I can get this one for 1,500. One blade has a small delam so it needs to go back to WW for repairs.
    Whirlwind uses Jihostroj governors. So I would check the model number of the governor and check with Jihostroj to see if it's compatible up with whatever engine you are planning on using.

YMMV, Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post
    Whirlwind uses Jihostroj governors. So I would check the model number of the governor and check with Jihostroj to see if it's compatible up with whatever engine you are planning on using.

YMMV, Greg
    It was on a 912S powered Europa. I actually flew the plane with this prop on it several years ago. Was curious if anyone had one on a Kitfox or a similar two-bladed constant speed prop.
    James T
    Valrico, FL