Ran my engine again today, warming up at 1500-1800 then up as the oil temp came up. I did not warm up at 2000 as recommended as it seemed to high to me. As I got up over 2500 for the first time I decided to firewall it and only got ~2900 ???? I recall somebody else having this issue so I re-checked the set up in the Dynon only to discover I had the wrong value for pulse/revolution and had been reading half my actual RPMHopefully I have not shortened the life of the engine too much in it's first hour of accumulated running given that I was warming it up at 3000-3500 rpm. The Dynon has a special setting for the Rotax 912 that sets everything about the Tach and Oil temp except the puls/rev (my fault for not double checking). Ran it again after changing the setting and it all makes much more sense now, sweet at a real 2000 rpm warm up and strong at a little under 5800 on a short visit to the firewall.
Feeling a little stupid as I should know better but onward and upward, still looking for first flight in the spring.