Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stall Warning System Advice Request

Default Re: Stall Warning System Advice Request

Yup got that. I have a D100. I was wondering if it is possible to install the AOA in a completed aircraft or would the plumbing of the tubes be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ajai View Post
    Yup got that. I have a D100. I was wondering if it is possible to install the AOA in a completed aircraft or would the plumbing of the tubes be too difficult.
    The hardest part would be mounting the pitot assembly. You may need to do some fabric work.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I’m in the process of installing a CYA-100 AOA system from Aircraft Spruce.

No pitot tube and tubes to install. It’s an electro/mechanical system that only requires a set of wires running through the wing from a vane driven sensor to the indicator on the panel. The vane is easily installed by removing a wing tip and installing it so it is outside the prop wash. Mine will be installed about 12 inches from the wingtip.

There is an in-flight calibration procedure.

Regards

Rodney

Thanks Rodney. Please let us know how it works out.

Ajai

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    The hardest part would be mounting the pitot assembly. You may need to do some fabric work.
    Many thanks Av8r3400!

Ajai

when I built my rv I put in the dynon with all the required things. Thing is I never set it up, just use my butt for aoa. same in the kitfox, I find it hard to stall out, just use the butt. my vote would be the dynon. good luck.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Hey Guys, needs some help on this old thread. I installed a CYA-100 AOA vane like Rodney put in his aircraft. Just got it programmed today and works great and very easy to program.
    My problem is that The LED indication is not that large and cannot keep in view while trying to do a full stall landing for rough terrain, would like audio warning. It does have output tone when Red LEDs start to come on but I do not have an input in my Comm Radio, only input for music player (flighline 760A). Also using Lightspeed Zulu3 headset.
    I suppose I can connect to this input but I would want priority to the stall warning over any other input and I believe the music player has last priority.

Aircraft spruce sell a simple Audio mixer Flight Data Sys AD-60, aircraft spruce P/N 10-03427. Any body know if this would do the job or how to connect it. The CYA-100 doesn't have much info on what the voltage out is or anything. Nor is there much info with the AD-60.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Ken
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp