Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAA Registration Transfer

Question FAA Registration Transfer

Okay, when you by a Kitfox from someone, you send in all your paperwork with required $5 checks, how long does it take to get your paperwork back. I sent all this in over 2 months ago, and it took the FAA about 5 minutes to cash my checks, but I haven't received anything back from them? Any ideas?
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Default Re: FAA Registration Transfer

Bart,

Bought mine in September. Just a couple days ago the FAA website finally showed us as the owner. Still haven’t received the hard copy. The good news is we got a few months without The Man knowing it. I’m certain the tax bill will arrive very shortly.

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/AircraftQuery.shtm

Here’s a link I use. Shows the history of registration and any reported accidents/incidents.

It shouldn't be more than 2 weeks. If there was something wrong they will call you to tell you to fix it somehow. If you didn't get their call they may have canceled it. Call them.

Also as I understand it your aircraft is technically registered. You don't have to wait back for the paper work to fly. Once everything is signed by the previous owner it is officially yours. When you send it in all you're really doing is updating the Feds and getting a "Official document".

Bart, as previously stated it is just a waiting game for the data base to update. When flying keep your copy of the registration transfer document in the plane when flying. It took 30 -45 days before the data base updated, another 30 days or so for the hard copy of the new registration to show up (it is a postcard).

Ralph

Thanks. I just tried the link, and their website is down, and is "supposed" to be fixed tomorrow.

Also, thanks for the info on how your transaction with them went, I appreciate that.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    Bart, as previously stated it is just a waiting game for the data base to ...Ralph

Thanks Ralph, I have it all in the plane. How's the house coming?
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    It shouldn't be more than 2 weeks. If there was something wrong they will call you to tell you to fix it somehow. If you didn't get their call they may have canceled it. Call them.

Also as I understand it your aircraft is technically registered. You don't have to wait back for the paper work to fly. Once everything is signed by the previous owner it is officially yours. When you send it in all you're really doing is updating the Feds and getting a "Official document".

I checked the on this link, https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...m_Inquiry.aspx and it is still showing the previous owner.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Got my hard copy today. Filed the paperwork in September.

... I have it all in the plane. How's the house coming?
    Bart,
    Here is a picture (taken today) of the progress... slow.

Foundation.jpg

Ralph