Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Heat conductive paste

Default Heat conductive paste

I did a search but didn't find a definitive answer. Heat sync past or heat conductive paste for spark plug threads. I usually use what my a&p buddy has on hand but it seems a little pricey so rather than being a bum I need to order my own. I found this: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ickkey=2999305 Is this good? I'm open to suggestions.

Default Re: Heat conductive paste

JR,

The AC product you identified is a decent equivalent to the Rotax heat conductivity paste.

I did some product review a while back and found that there are several products out there that are formulated with silicon oil/grease (for heat tolerance and filler) and zinc oxide (for heat conductivity properties). Many of these products vary slightly in the ratios but not enough to matter for the purpose.

Also - Dow Corning 340 (big old 100 year supply 5 oz tube for $30 plus or minus) is another common product that is equivalent and is considerably cheaper than the rotax product.

What you get out there is products sold aren't necessarily new or different or unique, just that the distributor buys quantity from the manufacture and then private labels the stuff under their own name or a license. I guarantee you that Rotax does not manufacture heat conductivity paste (neither does AC)

You are good to go with the Aircraft Spruce product
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Thanks Dave. You're better than Google! I ordered the "lifetime" supply. Thanks a bunch. James Thomas https://pilotshq.com/dow-corning-340...SABEgLt9_D_BwE

Ohhh, what the heck, I just ordered the "lifetime" supply as well. Thanks for the lead.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Or you could just go to the Home Depot aviation department:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

YMMV, Greg
    Last edited by Danzer1; 11-04-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: link didn't take