Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: in wisconsin?

Default in wisconsin?

are there any flying kitfox's in central wisconsin, I really am interested in the series 7 to build and would like to see an up close and personal aircraft.

Default Re: in wisconsin?

I don't know of any 7s, but there are a ton of us with IVs. Five that I can think of in this neighborhood.

If we get a reasonable Saturday or Sunday in the next couple of weeks, I'd be happy to buzz over to your neighborhood if you would like to see my IV. Its only about an hour as the Kitfox flies...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Gary,

Not Wisc, but your neighbor to the west.

If you ever find your way to the MSP/STP area - our Series 7 is hangared at Lake Elmo, MN - couple miles west of the St Croix. Got a small number of photos in this list's photo album. Some additional photos in the Kitfox website under completions. Been flying this for a bit over a year.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

I am in the Twin Cities area as well (based at Flying Cloud Airport - FCM). I have a Series 6 firewall back with a Series 7 firewall forward. Engine is a 912 ULS with a Warp Drive prop.

Dave S.,

Is your 7 about the same as the Super Sport model, as far as room in the cockpit? I'm based in S. WI at C29 and am curious about the flying quality especially the cockpit room. Nice looking plane. I've been to Lake Elmo several times (bought a plane at that field several years ago).

Skot

Skot,

Sorry for not getting back right away to your follow-up question - was away for a bit.

Anyway - the current SS which Kitfox is making, as I understand it, is identical to the series 7 regarding the size and configuration of the Cockpit. The observable differences that I am aware of include: 1) A change from the manual trim tab of the series 7 on the elevator to an electric trim control of the Horizontal stabilizer - more like the model V; 2) While there are options for the wingtips, the Series 7 generally used the wide horner style wingtips and the current SS generally uses relatively narrow/short wing tips; 3) The rudder on the SS has a squared off top to distinguish the SS from the earlier series 7s which had the rounded off rudder top. Other than that - don't know how to tell them apart

My suggestion on the flying qualities and cockpit room is to get yourself a ride in a model V, series 7 or SS - I swore I would not buy a plane I have never been in or flown - I got a ride in a Series 7 and that sealed the deal for me - had to have it, now that I have it, glad I got it, gonna keep it..

Sincerely,

Dave S

Lake Elmo/St Paul MN
    KF 7 trigear
    912ULS Warp