Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
Ah makes sense now what your doing. As for trim indicator yeah it’s not really needed. With the 915 I will give you the gouge. All the way nose up for landing, and almost all the way nose down for takeoff. Its not like a turbine aircraft, if it’s trimmed wrong it’s not going to kill you.
I really like having the trim indicator. Initially I had the cable & coiled spring mechanical indicator, then I put a RayAllen linear rheostat on the horizontal stab that shows on the G3X screen. With that said it has been inop a couple times and I found I could count to 7 to retrim from full nose up after landing and it would be perfect for takeoff.

While I agree it's not going to kill you I would highly suggest practicing some full power go arounds at altitude with the trim in the full nose up/landing position. This might be a bigger issue for planes without the trim assist spring. There is a big pitch change that happens when power is applied that takes a fair amount of force on the stick to counter.

I just wrapped up my condition inspection yesterday where installed the trim assist spring kit and the TCW Safety Trim Booster. I hope I have time to do the post inspection flight today before traveling on business tomorrow.