Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How to find an A&P?

Default How to find an A&P?

I'm an engine break-in away from my first inspection in 18 years. It's been a long revival process. Now I'm having difficulty in finding an A&P to do the inspection. I have a couple friends that wrenched for UAL, but they left town when United declared bankruptcy and closed the base in Indy.

And what is the going rate for a condition inspection?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Default Re: How to find an A&P?

I hope this will work for you.

If you have the SocialFlight app or go to Socialflight.com , be sure to register if you're not already subscribed. Don't worry, it's free.

Use the option "My Hangar" , "Search" then type in "Mechanic" in the search field. If a mechanic is registered with Socialflight and updated his profile, then you will receive a list of candidates.

Let me know....(I'm one of the SF founders)
    Last edited by P Morel; 10-07-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Bud ross over here in terre haute at Skyking airport builds planes. He's the manager at the airport and a&p. I'm sure you could pull the wings and tow it. For my thorp is was 715$. They are 65$ an hour labor rate. The hangar wasn't full so you could get in asap.

I'm not sure he would be able to drive over. I could mention something to the other ap at the field and see if he might want to pick up some side work.

Quote Originally Posted by P Morel View Post
    I hope this will work for you.

If you have the SocialFlight app or go to Socialflight.com , be sure to register if you're not already subscribed. Don't worry, it's free.

Use the option "My Hangar" , "Search" then type in "Mechanic" in the search field. If a mechanic is registered with Socialflight and updated his profile, then you will receive a list of candidates.

Let me know....(I'm one of the SF founders)
    Thanks Paul!

Beery
    I was paying @$400 for an owner assisted annual for a Bonanza based at KUMP. I know several IAs in the area. I can ask if they would be interested. They typically come to you.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Quote Originally Posted by jmodguy View Post
    Beery
    I was paying @$400 for an owner assisted annual for a Bonanza based at KUMP. I know several IAs in the area. I can ask if they would be interested. They typically come to you.
    That would be awesome. I had hoped my dad would be able to fly out from California, but now my mom's health is so bad he can't leave for any amount of time.
    I'm in no rush, still have to break in the engine.
    Jay

Jay - if you haven't joined already, you might consider the local EAA chapter. They'll know how to contact the local favorites and will have a lot of other benefits you'll enjoy.