Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox around western Indiana (3I3 airport) for a ride? potential builder/buyer

Default Kitfox around western Indiana (3I3 airport) for a ride? potential builder/buyer

Hello all!

I'm an instrument pilot from Terre Haute Indiana (3I3) with a cherokee 180 and Thorp t-18. I love my tail dragger although I have been getting more interested into low and slow. I have 1200 foot grass strip on the family farm but my Thorp needs more landing room. I would also like to take a back country trip out to Utah.

I have been looking for kitfox planes to buy but also thinking in the next few years of building my own. Since it will be my toy plane the kf 3 and IV are probably in the right price range. Most with a rotax although I service my planes and prefer a lycoming despite the added weight. Not many of them out there on these frames though.

I have never flown an avid or kitfox and was hoping to go up with someone in one to see how much I like it before selling off my tail dragger that I have invested time and money into for something else. I have also been looking at the Ran's s6 as well. I would love a super cub or carbon cub but being a second airplane I can't bring myself to have 2 expensive airplanes.

Thanks for anyone around that could take me up. I can fly to your location and pay for the fuel on the ride.

Default Re: Kitfox around western Indiana (3I3 airport) for a ride? potential builder/buyer

Bueller? Bueller?

There aren't any kit fox in the mid west?

Default Re: Kitfox around western Indiana (3I3 airport) for a ride? potential builder/buyer

I think there are some in southern Indiana. Mine is still in work...
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Is there another hangout online for kitfox owners? I'm in southern indiana a few times a month so that would be perfect.

I posted an intro thread of sorts not long ago. Someone in that thread mentioned that a group of 4-5 kitfox owners gather and camp once in awhile just east of Indy. You could probably PM him and find out when they are around next.

Thanks for that info! I'll dig into the thread and find that info.

Bump to the top. Spoke with a few but still looking to get a ride in one somewhere here in the midwest. I'm between kitfox, highlander, super stol and bearhawk