Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel tank sending units

Default Re: Fuel tank sending units

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I have found a fuel flow reading consistently more accurate than having fuel gages.
    Rodney
    That is so true! That was the case on the Cessna Caravans and Quest Kodiaks that I flew. We relied on the fuel totalizer, not the fuel gauges.

Personally I want my fuel flow to be spot on. It's my preference to land with 6o minutes of fuel, not FAA's 30 minutes for VFR. I got back with yesterday with ~30 minutes left, but I knew exactly how much would be remaining when I landed.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I have a Dynon SkyView system with a fuel flow meter. It is very accurate. I also have the system set to an alarm to “switch fuel tanks” every 15 flying minutes. This is just a reminder that I must acknowledge and reminds me to physically check the fuel levels. Works great for me!! There is also a low fuel alarm set at 5 gallons remaining as calculated from the fuel flow meter.....
    -Mike Kraus
    RV-4 built and sold :-(
    RV-10 built and flying
    KitFox SS7 built and flying and now on amphib floats!

On the way home from Osh, I and two others landed at Tracy, MN for fuel, but their tank was dry. Was glad for my 30 min. minimum reserve because it took 15 minutes to get to Marshall where there was fuel (we called ahead).
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS