Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet 'n Greet

Default Re: Meet 'n Greet

Hi Trent. I am in your same boat. I came across kitfox after watching dozens of videos online about them and their ease of maintenance, and flying characteristics.

I have always looked at planes in wonder to be honest, but always felt they were way out of the realm of possible without making it a career. Now, I feel it is possible to get wet with the kitfox and a sport pilot licence. Granted, there is significant cost involved still, but at a much more reasonable way to afford them.

My biggest issue if trying to find a place to build it and being able to keep the parts organized for up to 18 months.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Yes, it sucks I missed OSH this year. I told the wife we're going next year no matter what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tjentzsch View Post
    Hi Trent. I am in your same boat. I came across kitfox after watching dozens of videos online about them and their ease of maintenance, and flying...
    My life goal would be to have my own hangar and airstrip. My parents will be selling their house within the next 5 to 10 years and the field behind their house is plenty big enough to land a kitfox. hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by RadialFox7 View Post
    Hi Trent, I'm close to completion on my Kitfox Super Sport and not to far from you at Cannon Falls. Your welcome to stop in for a visit. You will find out that this forum and members have a wealth of information and are great with helpful hints. Pm me for contact info.
    Radial,

I tried sending a PM but not sure if it worked? Maybe I need to make a certain number of posts before I can send a PM since I just joined? Anyways, my cell # is: 715-338-4923.

Quote Originally Posted by GSRtrent View Post
    My life goal would be to have my own hangar and airstrip. My parents will be selling their house within the next 5 to 10 years and the field behind their house is plenty big enough to land a kitfox. hmm....
    That would be amazing. I would love to do the same, build a very simple house with a attached, or detached hanger and a simple field runway out in Utah. My life goals may have just shifted to exactly that

It's a great life goal to have!

Just read in Sport Plane magazine that they will be celebrating 50 years located at Oshkosh. Here's to hoping that its even better than this year. If America is greater next year than now, maybe attendance will reach record levels. They reached some records this year I hear. Better order that motor you want before the Tariff hits. Then again, maybe Lycoming and Continental will sell more.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes next year should be a good one. I'm going to make sure I get to it.