Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet 'n Greet

Default Meet 'n Greet

Morning. This is my first post here and I didn't really see anywhere else to post this so apologies, in advance, if it's in the wrong section.

I've recently been introduced to these Kitfox planes and would love to learn more about them. So, I'm posting to see, if anyone lives near me would care to meet up some weekend and show me their Kitfox? I live near Rochester MN. I noticed a few members, on the member map, live fairly close.

As of right now I just hold my part 107 (remote pilot) license and will be going for my PPL next summer. These planes really peeked my interest and showed me there are fun, affordable planes, out there to buy after I get my PPL.

Again, thank you!
    -Trent B.

Default Re: Meet 'n Greet

Welcome to the Kitfox community Trent. Glad you found us and discovered how exciting the Kitfox is. Hope you get to see one up close real soon.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Desert! Hoping to learn as much as I can about these planes. I'm sure purchasing one is years down the road (especially with kids on the way soon). One can hope, though!

Welcome Trent. Kids could dampen things a bit for sure. My incomplete RV4 in the garage is testament to that fact. My SS7 is a one man show even though they are 14 and 16 now. Never made it back to the RV after the first was born. Not that it couldn't be done. People do it all the time. Planning and budgeting is what its all about. Keep the dream alive and one day you will be finishing your project as I am.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks efwd! My wife seems pretty on board with it. But, as you said, planning and budgeting for sure.

Wow, this is me! I have a Series 5 I built and fly (when I can), and 90% of the
    time solo. I have a CH-801 in the garage 75% complete with no end in sight.

Two kids, 12, and 14, so no idea when I can ever get back to the CH-801
    since I sit at swim practice, swim meets, dance classes, etc. pretty much all
    of the time I'm not at work.

I think the 801 will be my hobby in retirement

That's probably where my life is headed here soon. haha. Although, I plan on buying my first kitfox already assembled (just for the sake of time). Maybe build one later in life?

Hi Trent, I'm close to completion on my Kitfox Super Sport and not to far from you at Cannon Falls. Your welcome to stop in for a visit. You will find out that this forum and members have a wealth of information and are great with helpful hints. Pm me for contact info.

Default Kids

My kids are 8 and 11, which might actually be kind of a sweet spot. They are old enough to be independent, but not quite into so many activities that I can't manage the schedule. I will say that over the summer my average time spent on the airplane each week has decreased some on account of baseball, family vacations, etc. Still, I find I'm able to meet all my family obligations and still get some time in on the plane every day. (I just get up at 4 AM).
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

You missed a good chance to meet and greet at OSH. We had over 70 Kitfoxers at the BBQ.

Put in for the time off next year, it will be worth it.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos