Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New guy on the block! Intro.

Default New guy on the block! Intro.

Hi Everyone!

I just ordered a STi and definitely looking forward to the end product. I have to say as handy as I am I looking more forward to the destination than the journey but I will enjoy the building process regardless. I've been involved in many Baja off road truck and buggy builds so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm up against.
    I currently fly a Mooney M20S with the Screaming Eagle STC which is an amazing point A to point B aircraft. I'm lucky enough to actually use the plane to fly to one of my offices 1 to 2 days a week. I'm an Orthodontist and live in Del Mar, CA, which is in the San Diego area. I have a local office with a second office out east a ways.
    This is my second Mooney but before that I had a few 182's with STOL kits and a Champ. I primarily flew up north in the back country with those planes since I really enjoy hiking, fishing and hunting, flying adds to the entire adventure. I'm looking forward to doing that again.
    I tend to jump on the forums between patients and my questions or responses can be rushed. Many times I will have grammar and spelling errors so my apologies in advance. This intro not excluded I am looking forward to learning and sharing as much as possible. If anyone is in the San Diego area give me a shout, I would love to connect.

Karson

Default Re: New guy on the block! Intro.

Welcome to the Forum Karson. I'm brand new myself, and I have found the people on here very friendly and eager to share their knowledge with you.

Again, welcome.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Hello Karson, welcome to the family. Possibly you have noted, I am in Yorba Linda, CA. If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods feel free to contact me.
    Oh... I have this thing with one of my teeth. I thinks its due to the crowding going on. Do you think......
    For those of you not in the medical field, the humor may be lost. Karson knows.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Welcome Karson,
    You won't regret your choice. Don't let the journey be the thing to get you down, it can be very enjoyable. Just keep in mind the quality aircraft you will have when complete, then the real journey will begin.

Ralph

Welcome aboard Karson. I will be starting my build soon also.

Joe

Welcome, from another newbie to this place.

I used to work in Del Mar back in 92-94. I lived in Yuma growing up and was involved in the off road scene back in those days.

Good luck on the build!

Thanks everyone! I won’t have my kit until February but until then will be learning and interacting with you all!

Welcome. You will find some very helpful people around here so don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X