Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Gdl 82 bad harness aircraft spruce

Default Gdl 82 bad harness aircraft spruce

If anyone ordered gdl82 with wiring harness from aircraft spruce , check your harness, the one I got was wired wrong, the power was in PIN number 1. The complete harness is wired wrong. I called them and they said oops, and want if I wanted another harness. I just made my own

Default Re: Gdl 82 bad harness aircraft spruce

That's Comforting. I pick up half of my entire Garmin system wiring harness tomorrow morning. Gizmo, was your harness assembled in the last two weeks, since they began working in their new shop? I postponed my work until they got into it. I had concerns about being one who has their harness made in a brand new operation.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Just got my harness two days ago

Also, the photo on line that I pulled up showing the connector has the pins miss numbered, if you look at the center row of pins, they are off set in the wrong direction no matter if you are looking at it from front or back. You can not tun the connector to match the real connector
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also, I replace my pins, there was more than 1/16 bare wire showing after they installed the pins in the connector. I think steinair would be my pick if I was going to have someone else build my harness. I am sure A/S will make it right if there is any issues, but I outdo pull up pinout for all your avionics and check locations

Good catch, I just finished my GDL-82 install but did my own wiring. Next step is to connect it to the ACK E04 that showed up yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive