Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox IV Aftermarket Throttle

Default Kitfox IV Aftermarket Throttle

Anyone have a good lead on some good aftermarket throttles? I am not currently a big fan of the throttle I have. It is a push pull in the middle of the console with a button you push that fits into grooves. With a Vernier to allow for smaller adjustments.

The problem is when I am taxiing or idling the ball that supposed to fit into the notches jumps around and usually moves the RPM high to fit into a groove. I then have to rotate the throttle lower to get a actual idle.

Is there something better than this out there? I do like the Vernier

Default Re: Kitfox IV Aftermarket Throttle

Kitfox Aircraft sells the appropriate length model four high quality cable and you can get a fantastic Vernier throttle cable from McFarlane Aviation Products.

Check with Debra at Kitfox Aircraft for either. Not sure if they are a dealer yet for McFarlane Aviation Products. We are using their venier throttles on our Phoenix built and based Kitfox. They are a high quality throttle system and the pilots I’ve talked to that use them all love them.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I kinda “rolled my own”. Had a custom length made thru spruce with a lever in the console.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

My SS7 came with a McFarlane Vernier throttle. The day I visited Phoenix and visited DF4 and DF1 and first seen the Vernier, I went home to discover KitFox delivers high quality Throttles as a standard item. I called them to thank them for the quality they impart.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I have not flown behind the McFarlane throttle yet Eddie but DF1 says it is incredibly smooth and 20 rpm adjustments are a simple feat and no clunky release knob to deal with.

I had the early vernier on my model 3 and really liked the fine throttle tuning but the linkage bar behind the panel was less desirable. The McFarlane is leaps ahead of that old system.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I guess there is always one.
    I liked the original throttle vable enough that I put it in the new build even though the behind the panel "Bell Crank" was not in the kit. Reasons: 1 - It is easy to install a spring that counteracts the installed throttle springs typical on the 912 Engines. Inadvertently bump the button and nothing! 2 - Balancing the carburetors is easy without tools with the Throttle Link on the pilot side cable between "Bell Crank" and the carburetor. It is also possible to adjust carburetor balance while sitting in the seat with engine running to trouble-shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel