Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual STI build log

Default Re: Dual STI build log

Mostly going on others recommendations. We did fly with Nikk and liked it on his plane. We like the lightweight and like that its full castering. Now it comes with a lockout, you can lockout from the cockpit if wanted. We ended up getting a T3 and the Tundra lite. We thought the Monster Shock package included the T3 when we bought the kit, so we ended up with a tailwheel and spring we don't need. (The one that comes from kitfox. Alaska airframes) I need to post them in classified and sell them.

Funny you say that, I was under that same impression so I am now trying to do the same. I'm fortunate to live close to airframes so I might stop in to ask them if I can return it and put the credit towards a T3 and my bushwheels. I appreciate the feedback on the tundralite.

When I ordered my T3 I tried to talk them into taking my tailwheel back. They said I would need to return it to kitfox, and kitfox would have to work out the return. I gave up about then. But maybe you living by them can work something out? Hey if you can get my returned also I would give be willing to pay you!

I'll see what the say. If I have any luck I'll definitely let you know.

I had the matco and I had strong advice on good authority to not use that tail wheel by someone with thousands of Kitfox hours. Kitfox seems to like them.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I have 700 hrs with a dual fork 8" Matco , no issues, would not hesitate to buy another or recommend.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Talking Re: Dual STI build log

Our tundra lite tires should show up this Wed. We should have mine on its tires shortly to be followed by my brothers. At that point I will get photos of both. We are going to install the lock for the tundra lites, for the once in awhile times we want it. Excited to see how they look on the tires!

We are starting to see light at the end of the covering tunnel. I spent what seems like forever trying to figure out a way to cover the wingtips without having wrinkles and folds. Decided it was impossible, for me at least to do this. Ended up cutting a small section and finish tape covering it. Our process was using the envelope method. Covered the bottom and wrapped it around, then top covered wrapping around the bottom so the seem was on the bottom. A small cut needs to be made on the end caps to allow it to fold down and around. Once I finally developed a system is went faster. Only messed up one elevator that I made a cut too long so had to start over. Fortunately it was not glued down I was just making some pre-cuts and got in a hurry. Anyhow covering is rewarding in the fact visible progress seems to be made! Fingers are sore from all the pulling and cutting.

You guys planning on doing oratex, I found these scissors to be very helpful. These along with regular scissors and a razor blade. Sometimes regular scissors are to big to get into the areas that need to be trimmed and you can't razor blade it.

Sure are some great results.
    Reminds me of the rc plane covering Solartex.

Nice work!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Finally finished the butt ribs. Yes, this is real carbon fiber. (Stickers)

Looking for help on running the brake lines. Figure I am going to get them run into the fuselage before I turn it over. Thinking of drilling through the gear mount so not much movement of brake lines when the gear pivots. (Cabane gear) Anyone have concerns about doing this. Thinking of going where the yellow dot is and then I will run them down the side of the interior of the fuselage? Thoughts?