Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual STI build log

Default Re: Dual STI build log

Wow! Those butt ribs look amazing!

The tundra lite's showed up! I am very impressed with quality. Lots of machining was done and its "fit and finish" is top notch. I am very impressed with the locking mechanism. He sent a long cable that you cut to length. I think we are going to install the lever on the center console by the parking brake so its easy to use if we want. It has tension on the wheel so it won't shimmy and the bearing quality feels good. They are expensive but I think they are very worth it. Should of weighed them, but they are light!

Super looking butt rib! Was thinking of doing the same.

That tundra lite is very impressive piece of equipment.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

I still advent installed my locking mech. I think I'm going to cause taxiing in strong wind is a bare. I'd be interested to see how you end up mounting the lever.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

We want it easily accessible and a clean look. Best we have come up with so far is center console below the brake and maybe offsetting it to the pilot side so the fuel line can pass by it. I don't have fuel lines ran yet. Anyone have a picture of fuel lines running under the center console. I am pretty sure there will be room without anything rubbing.

Does that $1195 price include the wheel and tire? Do you use the tail spring that came with the kit or was a new one included?
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Yes it includes the wheel and tire. We purchased the T3 tail-spring, but I think it will attach to the stock one.

I really like those butt ribs. In wish I had finished mine nicely before Installing. Those look beautiful.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Thanks! I just wish they would install themselves!

Brakes lines from fuselage to gear are ran! I decided to drill through the gear mounts. Sealed the opening around the brake lines with some black silicone. I kept the location as tight as possible to the gear to minimize the movement. Thanks for the tip Scott, I covered with heat-shrink before installing. Next I am working on some channel pieces to run toward the from of the fuselage that I "think" I will run the brakes along with air lines and other misc wires. I will post some picture but we got the idea from Nikk.

Last edited by Shadowrider; 02-03-2019 at 09:34 PM.