Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox iv /1200 Classic serial Number

Default Kitfox iv /1200 Classic serial Number

Hi All,
    I am completing my KF iv-1200 Classic, purchased from Skystar in 2006, but our licensing authority the LAA do not recognise the serial number. G0504030 which is typed on the tailplane forward attachment plate, can anyone explained the designation of this serial number.
    Thank you in anticipation
    Iain D (Scotland uk)

Default Re: Kitfox iv /1200 Classic serial Number

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Donnelly View Post
    Hi All,
    I am completing my KF iv-1200 Classic, purchased from Skystar in 2006, but our licensing authority the LAA do not recognise the serial number. G0504030 which is typed on the tailplane forward attachment plate, can anyone explained the designation of this serial number.
    Thank you in anticipation
    Iain D (Scotland uk)
    My Classic 4 S/N starts with a C followed by eight numerals

Is it possible that you are reading a G as a C? Just looking at the paperwork for one of my Kifox 4 projects, and it is C9406-0030 It was paper work from the factory that is June 1994. I believe the serial # means Classic 1994 sixth month, and the thirtieth kit produced that month. If that held true for yours, it would have been made in April 2005, and was the thirtieth kit that month., JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by culater View Post
    My Classic 4 S/N starts with a C followed by eight numerals
    Thanks a lot I removed the tailplane this morning and sanded of the paint, number is C0504 0302

Fly safe
    Iain Donnelly

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Is it possible that you are reading a G as a C? Just looking at the paperwork for one of my Kifox 4 projects, and it is C9406-0030 It was paper work from the factory that is June 1994. I believe the serial # means Classic 1994 sixth month, and the thirtieth kit produced that month. If that held true for yours, it would have been made in April 2005, and was the thirtieth kit that month., JImChuk
    Hello Jim,
    This morning I removed the tailplane and sanded the plate and now clearly see the numbers,
    C0504-0302
    Thanks for your explanation.
    Fly safe
    Iain Donnelly