Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

I will soon have a medium 3 blade IFA available for sale.

I am awaiting arrival of an airmaster cs with whirlwind blades.

I also have a 2 blade ground adjustable Sensenich EZ-pitch 70" with nickel leading edges for the 912.

Private message me for more info.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Quote Originally Posted by atosrider View Post
    Norm, what diameter and how many blades are you running .. and did you have something else beforehand with some comparison numbers?
    I am running a three blade IVO with IFA and cruise about 105mph fast cruise. Before I put the IFA into service I was running it with ground adjustable and cruise was about 90 to 95mph on the 80hp 912. I had run a two blade warp drive on another plane with a 582 and found the Warp to be a big heavy club that shook far too much. I know some people have used the three blade and it is much smoother. Kevin just replied that he may have a IVO medium with IFA so that may be a great option for you. He is in SK so easy shipping.

Keep in mind the early 912 had the same bolt pattern as the 503 and 582 gearbox but later 912s changed the bolt pattern. Make sure what you get is what you need.
    Norm
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

this 80hp has a 4 inch prop bolt circle, unless they call it 3 15/16 or 99mm

regards

Rotax bolt patterns are 75 MM, 100 MM, and it seems that latest size on new 912s is 101.6 MM. JImChuk

I had a ding on my Warpdrive 3 blade and sent it to the factory for repair. They said it was the oldest prop they had ever seen and that after refurb, it would last forever. I like "last forever". so its on my plane. it has 750 hours on it and its about 19 years old.

Anyone been able to contact these people? I thought I wanted one, but I don't think I'm going to risk literally no support or service.
    I emailed the Lugaprop guy, he replied twice and then stopped responding. So I tried the guy in Canada, same thing, no response.

I got a Luga prop earlier this year. I love it. I usually got a response within a few days of each e-mail back and forth. He has switched to a new name - NR Prop for which there is a separate e-mail, but I believe he still monitors the Lugaprop one. I Western Unioned the money and he sent me tracking info when it was shipped about two weeks later. All in all it took about 6 weeks to get it. Cheap price too.

You have to keep the emails direct and simple. I believe he uses google translate or something so he may not understand what you are sending or got flustered with the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by z987k View Post
    Anyone been able to contact these people?..
    If the guy in Canada is Jason, he is REALLY good about getting back to me about anything ASAP. I wonder if it went to junk. Jason said the worst part about Luga is communicating.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

If you're talking about Jason that does the big bore kits and such, ya he's great. I meant the Kool prop guy.(rebranded Luga)

Jason with the big bore kits is also a Luga dealee. Maybe just give him a call
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3