Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

my hub and good blade is 70 inch, thanks for letting me know some were available

Consider the IVO IFA. Don (KitFox2009 from Vernon) has one in his Model V on an 80hp 912. I have one on my Model IV round nose with an 80hp 912. I am happy with mine and I am sure Don is happy with his. It is a great way to get the 100hp performance without going to a new motor and you may be able to find a used one for a reasonable price. Good performance at a reasonable price. Not the latest and greatest but a very good performer on a bit of a budget.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Norm, what diameter and how many blades are you running .. and did you have something else beforehand with some comparison numbers?

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I will soon have a medium 3 blade IFA available for sale.

I am awaiting arrival of an airmaster cs with whirlwind blades.

I also have a 2 blade ground adjustable Sensenich EZ-pitch 70" with nickel leading edges for the 912.

Private message me for more info.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Quote Originally Posted by atosrider View Post
    Norm, what diameter and how many blades are you running .. and did you have something else beforehand with some comparison numbers?
    I am running a three blade IVO with IFA and cruise about 105mph fast cruise. Before I put the IFA into service I was running it with ground adjustable and cruise was about 90 to 95mph on the 80hp 912. I had run a two blade warp drive on another plane with a 582 and found the Warp to be a big heavy club that shook far too much. I know some people have used the three blade and it is much smoother. Kevin just replied that he may have a IVO medium with IFA so that may be a great option for you. He is in SK so easy shipping.

Keep in mind the early 912 had the same bolt pattern as the 503 and 582 gearbox but later 912s changed the bolt pattern. Make sure what you get is what you need.
    Norm
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

this 80hp has a 4 inch prop bolt circle, unless they call it 3 15/16 or 99mm

regards

Rotax bolt patterns are 75 MM, 100 MM, and it seems that latest size on new 912s is 101.6 MM. JImChuk