Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Noobie Question

Post Noobie Question

Hey Guys,

I have a somewhat silly question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere along the line!

On the Kitfox website it lists out the different kits (Fuselage Kit, Wing Kit, Landing Gear Kit), is it done that way because you are able to by the kits individually as you progress or is it standard to buy all of the kits at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Noobie Question

Adrian, yes you may buy the individual kits seperately if financing is such you cannot get the entire kit at once. Of course shipping will be more purchasing this way but for some it might be the way they can get started building sooner.

Usually most purchase as much of the kit and options together but it is not required by Kitfox Aircraft. They try to make it as easy as possible for as many Kitfox enthusiasts to get building as soon as they can.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for the quick response! Is there a recommended order to the kits, wings first, fuselage first?

You spend the most building time on the fuselage.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I started with the wing kit (non-quick-build) because that was what I could afford at the time. It kept me busy for about 500 hours. It can be about 90% completed but not covered because you need to rig the wings on the fuselage before you glue in the last rib and accurately locate the lift strut brackets. I think most folks start with the fuse kit.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS