Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wing and tail mounting hardware questions

Default Re: Wing and tail mounting hardware questions

I walked out to the barn and measured all the hardware and ordered from Spruce. What I found comparing what I measured and what the book calls out is strange. If the book called for AN3-4A, I measured -7A. They were all that way, slightly longer. I may to go back out to take another look to see if the builder doubled up on washers. I was having a hard time in a dark barn with reading glasses trying to fall off my face with a ruler in one hand and a flashlight in the other. All I was interested in was grip length, didn't pay too much attention to the washers.
    Jay

Jay
    I know what you mean about the hard times!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    All I was interested in was grip length, didn't pay too much attention to the washers.
    Jay
    That would be a lot of washers. If you use a bolt that is one grip length longer it takes 2 normal washers to fill the gap.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    That would be a lot of washers. If you use a bolt that is one grip length longer it takes 2 normal washers to fill the gap.
    I know, and it didn't look like there was a stack of washers on every bolt. I'm hoping I get the chance to work on her this weekend. I need to move the Jeep and unfold the wings so I can get a better look.