Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Greetings from a Canadian

Smile Greetings from a Canadian

Hello Kitfoxers!

I've been lurking here for a bit, but this is my first post. I think I am close to being able to purchase my first aircraft and I want it to be a Kitfox. I am a Canadian private pilot (in Peterborough Ontario), and with lurking and searches I know there are a few other Canadians on here.

I have some very basic questions and some that may be a bit more advanced. I'm in the early days of the research and know I have a lot to learn, that's why I'm here and I hope I'm not too annoying with my questions. :-)

I don't really have a space where I would be able to build my own Kitfox, so I was looking at the factory built options. One thing I'm unsure of is, the Kitfox SLSA, is that the same as the Series 7 Super Sport? I did a bit of searching but couldn't find an answer. I noticed that the S7 Super Sport seems to have build options available on the order form that the SLSA does not (adjustable rudder pedals & cabin heat as a couple of examples).

Thanks in advance for all of the future help I am sure I'll get here, I am excitedly looking forward to becoming a member of the Kitfox family!

Default Re: Greetings from a Canadian

It’s pretty much the same plane with some small differences. You can only get the 1320lbs gross weight though but that is just a paper limit. It still will be built as a 1550 gross weight plane. They used to have lighter landing gear but I think it’s all standard now.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Hello Esser, thank you for your reply.

My understanding is the 1320lb limit is an American regulatory limitation, does this same limit apply in Canada?

Do you (or does anyone) happen to know if you can get S7 options installed in the SLSA, or does it just come standard with things like the adjustable rudder pedals and cabin heat? Do you know if you can request additional options like say a couple of USB ports for charging devices?

Thanks!

The SLSA is s finished certified product. They can’t deviate from the design as far as I know. However, in Canada you are allowed to have someone build your plane for you. So Kitfox could be the builder in theory and build anything you want. With everything they have on their plate etc, I’m not sure they would ever entertain that idea.

The cabin heat is standard and I’m pretty sure the rudder pedals are too. It should say on the website whats standard on the SLSA
    Last edited by Esser; 05-01-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3