Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Desser Tundra tire survey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Desser Tundra tire survey

Quote Originally Posted by kmach View Post
    I am using the Desser 8.50-6 smooth tundras as well , really like them and they are a reasonably priced .
    Just make sure to check tire pressure when it gets real cold out or you risk shearing a valve stem.
    I run around 10psi, grass and pavement.
    Kevin being as that I am a newbie with these tires and fear shearing the stem on a $90 tube, I have started out at 18 PSI. So you have had no issues as low as 10 PSI? Thanks Bruce

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I have had no issues and feel pretty comfortable at 10-12 psi.

When I add air I set them at 11 to 12 psi.

I sheared one valve stem this past winter, my own fault , it was -25 C, I did not check the tire pressures for about a month and the temperature dipped.
    I checked the good tube and tire after, its pressure read around 4-5 psi, way too low as well.

12 psi on pavement should be no issue, 18 psi is pretty firm. I started around there too.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Quote Originally Posted by kmach View Post
    I have had no issues and feel pretty comfortable at 10-12 psi.

When I add air I set them at 11 to 12 psi.

I sheared one valve stem this past winter, my own fault , it was -25 C, I did not check the tire pressures for about a month and the temperature dipped.
    I checked the good tube and tire after, its pressure read around 4-5 psi, way too low as well.

12 psi on pavement should be no issue, 18 psi is pretty firm. I started around there too.
    Thanks for the information Kevin, Think I'll drop down to 15 PSI see how that works, then down to 12 PSI if no issues. I have marked the tires to make sure there is no slippage that I check on preflight. So far really like the new tires. Bruce N199CL