Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting close!!

Default Re: Getting close!!

Two years ago already Eddie??? Time flies!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Its the trip of a lifetime for a first time builder! Every few days or weeks you will say to yourself "Wow, I just learned something new, did something I've never done before, and it turned out good". You meet a new challenge, look it straight in the teeth and work your way thru it (its really not all that hard). Soon things start really coming together, you walk a little taller, feel good about yourself and self-image. There will also be times when you need to humble yourself and ask for help or advice, but that is also good for the soul. You are in a rarefied club and when you speak occasionally about it to ordinary mortals (don't overdo it) they suck in their breath and can hardly believe it. Your stories are not the boring, easily ignored comments about the favorite sports team. And you have not even done your own maiden flight and flight tested your creation; that's a whole 'nother level of pride and accomplishment. I can continue on and get real blubbery about it, but I'm sure those of us that have done it get the point. Enjoy the ride, there is nothing like it you will ever do.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Well said Jim,and here it is 15 years later and I still enjoy my Kitfox and know I made the right choice all those years ago. Bruce N199CL

Yeah, I agree with Bruce ... nice piece of writing Jim! You are a great ambassador for the Kitfox!

Have fun Mr Whiskey!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

[QUOTE=jiott;73195...when you speak occasionally about it to ordinary mortals (don't overdo it) they suck in their breath and can hardly believe it. Your stories are not the boring, easily ignored comments about the favorite sports team. [/QUOTE]

People whose names I don't know approach me at work and ask "I heard you're building a plane that you can actually fly.", and they are intensely curious not just about the plane, but about my motivation for building it, and what the experience is like. I feel we live in a world world where people's lives are increasingly digital, and folks increasingly value how others perceive their activities over the enjoyment they actually derive from them. In this world, what we do in our garages and hangars is an oddity: both intensely private, and starkly real. You're now part of a very exclusive club. Enjoy the journey.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Jim and Brian, very nice. Just shows we Kitfox builders really are a cultured mob ....
    David
    SS7 Builder

Default Update

Thought I'd share that build activities have actually commenced! First impressions: what a world class manual and great kit. I've pretty much decided that to keep from boring folks steeped in the tradition of Kitfox assembly, I won't post day to day activity here but will keep my log up to date; those with a passing interest can check in at their leisure. Of course it also means that postings will be opportunities to answer questions and solve my problems.

You can see it at: http://www.mykitlog.com/display_proj...roject_id=2413

BTW - disregard the total hours logged. I haven't been able to figure out how to delete the hours logged on the plane/project I divorced.